- This event has passed.
Business Entities by Gear Up
October 24, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$195.00 – $270
The 2018 business entities seminar is designed for practitioners that advise small business (less than 25 million in gross receipts). Taught by seasoned tax professionals, the course will help you navigate the business provisions changes of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and other law changes. This year includes:
- Analysis of the new 100% expensing
- The interplay of Code Sec. 179 expenses, bonus depreciation, and 15-year life with regard to qualified improvement property
- S Corp vs. C Corp planning in the light of flat 21% corporate tax rate and the elimination of the corporate AMT
- New interest limits: Will they affect your clients?
- New like-kind exchange rules
- Modification of the net operating loss deduction
- New excess business deductions limitation
- The loss of “entertainment”
- Changes in accounting methods including the changes that relate to small contractors
- Calculating the new pass-through deduction correctly
- The termination of the technical termination
- Other timely topics
Check in is on Wednesday October 22nd at 7:30 am, the seminar will begin at 8:00 am and will be finished between 4:30 and 5:00 pm.